Thursday, February 6, 2014

Let's Make Fire Cider!




 Let’s Make…
 Fire Cider!
With community herbalist,
Sarah Preston
Saturday, March 8, 2014, 1-3:30pm


Fire Cider is a traditional cold remedy with deep roots in folk medicine. Almost every herbalist makes a version of this tasty combination of cider vinegar infused with powerful immune-boosting herbs and vegetables. Fire Cider is especially pleasant and easy to incorporate into your daily diet to help boost the immune system, stimulate digestion, and get you nice and warmed up on cold days.

Because this is a folk preparation, the ingredients can vary slightly, depending on when you make it and what’s growing around you. The standard base ingredients are apple cider vinegar, garlic, onion, ginger, horseradish, and hot peppers, and we will discuss plenty of other herbs that you might want to include in your own Fire Cider.

Cost for this class is $30. Bring a half gallon of raw apple cider vinegar to class, all other ingredients will be provided.

Class will be held in the classroom at Radiance.  To register call Radiance, 717-290-1517, or stop by the shop at 9 W Grant St, in downtown Lancaster, right across the cobblestones from Central Market. 


Sarah Preston is a community herbalist in Lancaster, PA, and is owner of Herbs from the Labyrinth, LLC.  She says, “Being an herbalist is a natural extension of my life-long love of plants, trees and wild places, and my interest in natural healing, which was instilled in me by my mother.  I see herbalism as a lifelong learning process.  My spirituality deeply informs my work with herbs, just as my work with herbs informs my spirituality.   I see the Earth as the living body of the Goddess, and all living beings as parts of her body.

No comments: