Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Scent of Warm Beeswax

We're making another batch of Boo Boo Balm this afternoon, and I am reminded again of how much I love the aroma of beeswax.  Sweet and earthy.  Real.  Ancient...

I've decided to become a beekeeper.  Officially.  I've kept Mason bees for many years - they're wonderful pollinators, very gentle and fun to watch.  But, no honey.  And no beeswax.  And I use a lot of both.  So, I'm going to take a class offered by our local beekeepers society.  And this Spring, I'll put a hive in my garden...

3 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

Very excited for you, Sarah! You will love keeping bees! A natural fit, for a natural woman:) I got bit by the bee bug and started keeping them about 5 years ago. Our little flying alchemist are such a blessing!! Enjoy your class and I look forward to hearing about your new bee-autiful journey:) Leslie xx

Herbert Remington said...

Wow that is a great news.I wanna keeping bees now.Thanks for share.

Herbert Remington said...

Sounds great.Thats a new idea for me.Thanks for share.