Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prayer for Peace

A friend of mine has started sending me a Prayer for Peace each day. I always take time for the short reading, and today the poem written by Jamie Sams really touched me, so I want to share it here.

I have resonated with much of Jamie Sams' work for many years,have read most of her books, & carry several of them in my shop including Other Council Fires Were Here Before Ours. Jamie is probably best known for her Sacred Path Cards and the Medicine Cards deck, both of which we also carry in our shop.

Anyway, here is the poem:

Oh, you of wounded spirits,
I offer you a place of rest;
Walk among my mountains,
And climb to Eagle's nest.
Come swim my oceans,
Or feel my desert's fire.
Sit beside running waters
To reclaim your heart's desire.
Seek my silent forests,
Or walk my open plains,
Travel the deepest jungles
'Til you hear my love's refrain.
I am always waiting
To allow each child to heal,
To cradle the wounded spirits,
And teach them how to feel.
I am the Earth Mother,
Who loves without regret,
Tending all my children,
Who through tears
have paid all debts.

-- Jamie Sams

No comments: